With solar window film, you can save energy, time, and your eyesight!
The curtains vs. blinds argument is timeless, and the benefits and downsides of each are brought up in every household when re-decorating to preparing for a move-in. Curtains can be expensive, bulky, and a fire hazard for homes that make candles or cigarettes a commodity, while blinds can be an unsightly, troublesome, and difficult to maintain.
Whether you have a family member who is holding out for a better solution, or just want a way to fix things fast, you don’t have to despair and settle for anything you don’t like. There is a third option, and it’s just as multi-purpose and attractive as curtains and blinds put together. With solar window film, you can save energy, time, and your eyesight!
The benefits of solar window film are obvious and easily listed.
- Everyone wants to save money, no matter how well off, and window film can be a one-time purchase that can save you hundreds on your energy bill each year. If you live in a place that experiences a heavy summer, you know that windows can intensify heat by scorching amounts. Energy saving window film rejects up to 78% of the sun’s rays, keeping your house noticeably cooler and your air conditioning bills noticeably lower.
- On the flip side of the coin, window film is not a hindrance during the summer, either. During the colder months, energy saving window film can even help insulate your house against the chill, and protect against the harsh winter winds. Even less money spent on heating bills, which is certainly a win for any household.
- It’s easily applied. Unlike the troublesome job of hanging curtains and installing blinds, window film is deceptively easy to apply. You can do it yourself in a matter of minutes, and between measuring, cutting, and pressing it on, it can take under twenty minutes for an entire window to be completed.
- If you’ve ever owned curtains, you know that they’re a pain to wash. They’re bulky, heavy, take forever to dry, and cost a fortune to have done professionally. Blinds are no better, either. They collect dust like a magnet, and it can take up to an hour to wipe down each individual blind. Window film adheres straight to the window, so there’s no edges, textures, or folds; it’s easy to clean! Just wipe it down with a damp rag or a wet wipe, and you’re good to go until next time.
- Protection against infrared rays. Neither curtains nor blinds can protect you and your house from IR, so the simple act of installing window film can save you and furniture from sun-fading and skin damage.
Window film can also be almost completely unnoticeable or decorated with fun designs, so if you’re still stuck on the curtains vs. blinds argument, try opening yourself up to a third option. Energy saving window film can go a long way in saving you time and money, so don’t overlook it as a window treatment solution!