If you have ever remodeled, you know that many furniture pieces and other and items can get tossed on the basis of appearance. A complete turnover can be great, but also expensive. If your furniture needs a makeover, you may consider painting or re-staining as your only option.
Painting isn’t the only option
The process of painting can be time consuming, and if you’re a busy person, this can be a problem. Stripping, sanding, priming, and painting multiple coats can be a process that takes hours, and if you live in a humid area, drying can take even longer.
The lifetime of paint can also be a variable. Even if you repaint all of your furniture, accidents happen, and an unsightly scuff, scratch, or scrape can ruin an entire paint job. Chipping happens as well, and if you paint a piece of furniture, it is inevitable that you will have to paint it again in the future.
Shelf liners, on the other hand, have many benefits:
1. Protection. An environmental shelf liner can be an attractive option for those who wish to protect their shelves and avoid the painting-repainting process. Whereas paint jobs do not protect your shelves from water damage, contact papers can adhere smoothly to your furniture, protecting porous wood from water and spills.
2. Ease of cleaning. Cleaning products can pose a danger to your furniture as well, and many products can strip paint and ruin wood furniture. A shelf liner can withstand these products, and do not require them to become clean either. A damp sponge or warm, soapy water can clean contact paper just as well.
3. Simple to remove or switch out. Once applied, these liners can last for a lifetime with little special care or attention. They stick to and protect your furniture and can withstand years of use. However, if you wish to take them off, they are just as easy to remove. They leave behind no residues or adhesives, and your furniture will be in the same shape you left it in when you applied the contact paper.
4. Safe for you and your family. Many adhesive products can contain harmful toxins and materials, especially in the glue. If you’re concerned for yourself, your children, or your pets, you can rest easy knowing our shelf liners are safe.
5. REACH compliant. In fact, all the liners we sell have met and exceeded the rigorous REACH standards. They contain no hazardous substances, and are perfectly safe to handle, apply, and use on a day to day basis.
Our contact papers are safe as well as sturdy, and if you’re looking for an alternative option to painting or staining, this can be a long lasting choice. They come in many different colors, patterns, or designs, so you can customize to your heart’s content, without the hassle of painting the art yourself, of hiring someone to do it. Attractive, long-lasting, and safe, these shelf liners can make your home beautiful for years to come.